Tamers, get ready! Publisher Humble Games has announced that Crema’s long-awaited Pokemon-like, Temtem, is launching on Switch on 6th September. The game released in Early Access on the PlayStation 5 in December 2020, so we’ll soon get to find out if the nearly-two year wait has been worth it.
Temtem is a monster-collecting game that you can play online or offline. Play through the story by yourself and tame your Temtems, or join your friends online and play with them. You’ll get to explore the Airborne Archipelago, a kaleidoscopic collection of islands full to bursting with interesting creatures.
Humble Games shared a brand new gameplay trailer celebrating the announcement, along with some details on what’s coming to the game beyond launch, in its press release:
Temtem is a massively multiplayer creature-collection adventure where players seek adventure in the lovely Airborne Archipelago alongside their Temtem squad. Players can catch every Temtem, battle other tamers, customize their house, join a friend’s adventure or explore the dynamic online world.
1. Story Campaign: Journey across six vivid islands and embark on the adventure of becoming a Temtem tamer while fighting against the evil Clan Belsoto.
2. Online World: The days of traveling solo are over; in Temtem the world is a massively multiplayer one. Tamers from around the world can join and you will be able to see them around you, living the adventure with you and fighting to become the best Temtem tamer.
3. Co-Op Adventure: You will be able to join forces with a friend any time and work together towards your next goal. Catch new Temtem, complete a Route, or face off against a Temtem Leader; all while fighting alongside your friend in dual battles!
4. Housing: Buy your own house at Atoll Row and decorate it your way. Buy new furniture, color your walls and you’ll be ready to invite your friends over!
5. Customize: Customize your character to stand out from the crowd and get new cosmetics while you battle other tamers. Pick a silly hat, a comfy sweatshirt, some pants and you’re ready to go! Or maybe you prefer to wear a full-on cosplay of your favorite Temtem?
6. Competitive: Start by choosing 8 Temtem and the pick and ban phase will begin. Take turns with your rival to pick your Temtem and ban theirs. When all the decisions are made and the turns are ended, you will end up with a squad of 5 Temtem and the battle will begin.
New Features Coming to Temtem at Launch:
1. Seasons: After the launch of 1.0, we’ll release seasonal updates and a Battle Pass with free and premium awards tracks.
2. Endgame Island: The final island will be added, completing the Airborne Archipelago. This island will feature new activities through which you can test yourself as a Temtem tamer, new places to shop, and new areas to explore with friends.
3. New quests: Engage in weekly quests, which will be updated regularly post-launch.
Switch pre-orders currently aren’t open, but a Digital Deluxe edition — but a Digital Deluxe version will be available, which comes with a handful of lovely cosmetic bonuses.
Are you ready to tame Temtems come 6th September? Let us know!