At the end of last week, The Pokémon Company and Nintendo announced the cloud storage service Pokémon HOME would finally be receiving an update to make it compatible with the most recent entries in the series Pokémon Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl and Pokémon Legends: Arceus.
While an exact date wasn’t shared, it seems like we’ll be getting this anticipated update around 18th May (UTC time). As highlighted by Serebii.net, this update will bump the app up to Version 2.0 – and add connectivity for both of the newest games.
“It has been confirmed that Pokémon HOME is to undergo maintenance tomorrow May 18th from 00:00 UTC to 06:00 UTC on May 18th. This maintenance coincides with the release of Version 2.0 on Switch and Mobile which includes connectivity and features for Pokémon Brilliant Diamond & Shining Pearl and Pokémon Legends Arceus. It will run with staggered logins to ease server load until 01:00 UTC on May 19th 2022”
In case you missed the original announcement, here are some fine details about transferring Pokémon from these games to HOME:
Linking to Pokémon Brilliant Diamond and Pokémon Shining Pearl
Players can check on the condition of Pokémon deposited from Pokémon Brilliant Diamond and Pokémon Shining Pearl to Pokémon HOME as well as their other details.
Please be cautious of the following when connecting Pokémon Brilliant Diamond and Pokémon Shining Pearl to Pokémon HOME.
– Special Pokémon that can only be caught once during regular gameplay can only be deposited once per save data to Pokémon HOME.
– Some Pokémon, such as those obtained through unintended means or by illicit modification, cannot be deposited into Pokémon HOME.
– If there are any other problems with the Pokémon, it cannot be deposited into Pokémon HOME.
Linking to Pokémon Legends: Arceus
You can view the effort levels of Pokémon deposited from Pokémon Legends: Arceus to Pokémon HOME as well as its other details.
– The objective of Pokémon Legends: Arceus is to help compile the first Pokédex in the Hisui region. As such, the National Pokédex in Pokémon HOME will update its Pokédex entries based on your completion of the Pokédex in your Pokémon Legends: Arceus save data.
– If a Pokédex entry in Pokémon Legends: Arceus is incomplete, you will not be able to see that Pokémon’s entry in Pokémon HOME.
Additional Achievements and Stickers
Players can obtain stickers by completing achievements by meeting certain conditions in the mobile device version of Pokémon HOME. New achievements and stickers based on Pokémon Legends: Arceus, Pokémon Brilliant Diamond, and Pokémon Shining Pearl will be added from version 2.0.0 onwards.
There’ll also be some new mystery gifts to unlock if you transfer your Pokémon across from the new games. You can learn more about this incoming update in our previous post, and we’ll update date you when the new version of HOME goes live.
Are you looking forward to this update? Leave a comment down below.