Peggle’s great, but there aren’t nearly enough things trying to eat you. Enter Roundguard, a “bouncy dungeon crawler” that combines the pinball physics of Peggle with the roguelikeitude of, well, Rogue.
Roundguard has been out on Switch for a couple of years, but now it’s getting a lick of paint with the Encore 2.0 Update, which will add a ton of new content to the game. Here’s a list of the new features:
- Encore mode that unlocks after winning a run with any hero.
- New bosses: The Mad Virologist, the Mad Doctor, Greg & Carl, Bleary, Blinky & Goo, the Robotic Heart, and the Infected Heart.
- New monsters & hazards: Thirsty Imp, Strange Lab Rat, Toxic Mushroom, Doc’s Monster, Doc’s Helper, Plasma Globes, Robo Wormlet, Infected Wormlet, Sickly Valve.
- The Wheel of Woes with 32 different rules to alter the dungeon and keep you on your toes.
- Five new relics to unlock, including Endless Mode to really put your skills to the test.
- New accessibility options, including Game Speed settings and Arachnophobia Mode.
This is the fourth free update for Roundguard since its release in 2020, so if you pick the game up today (it’s even on sale right now!) you can also benefit from extra playable classes, daily and weekly challenges, new bosses and monsters, and achievements.
Have you picked up Roundguard? Is it as good at Slay The Spire? Let us know in the comments!