The Switch eShop isn’t short of chaotic multiplayer games, but there’s always room for one more. Especially when it features nimble spiders fighting with lightsabers – or ‘laser swords’ as the developer is legally obliged to call them – and guns.
SpiderHeck is from solo developer Neverjam (Uvis Zviedris), and it’s been picked up for publishing by TinyBuild and confirmed for an assortment of systems – including the Switch. It’s heading into a Steam playtest today, so hopefully it’s not too far away, though naturally there’ll be time taken to work on player feedback, develop ports and so on.
As you can see in the trailer it’s a chaotic brawler in which spiders go at it with assorted weapons – with the ability to swing around on webs it could be fun in the right company. Some PR blurb is below:
Challenge yourself by fighting wave after wave of vicious wasps in endless hours of single-player fun, or let the mayhem begin in a dazzling fight against your friends taking on the wasps in PVE; stab, sling, and scramble your way to victory in this spider showdown.
– Single or Multiplayer PVE – Take on the wasps in single-player or local multiplayer chaos for up to 4 players.
– Local Multiplayer PVP – Duel to the death against your friends to see who will become champion of the SpiderHeck arena.
– Easy to Pick Up – Simple, intuitive controls that will have you swinging around like the spider swordmaster you are destined to be in no time.
– Hilarious physics-based combat – Watch in delight as your friends pull off the ultimate parkour feat, before catapulting themselves face-first into the lava.
– Incredible acrobatics – Spiders react dynamically to the carnage, resulting in a range of badass and hilariously clumsy moments.
Let us know what you think – is SpiderHeck a game you’d like to play on Switch?