😲Gabe Newell is getting some new Falcons for himself, but he thought you guys might like one just like his- so he’s giving away 2! Contest benefits Seattle Children’s Hospital, & you could win this loaded with @intel 10-core CPU & @NVIDIAGeForce RTX 3090! https://t.co/Veq72x6VXj pic.twitter.com/kmJwZAj9HJ
— Falcon Northwest (@FalconNW) September 5, 2020
Here is an excerpt from Mr. Newell’s post to r/pcmasterrace, including the rather staggering system specs, which include nothing short of the upcoming GeForce RTX 3090:
I’ve been a long time customer of Falcon Northwest ( https://www.falcon-nw.com/ ) for my personal and work machines. These are machines I buy for myself, not machines that Valve buys. I don’t get any promotional consideration, I just like Kelt and his team.
It was time for me to get new machines, so as a way of saying “thank you” to Falcon Northwest, I thought I’d run a contest.
I also am part of the Heart of Racing ( https://www.heartofracingteam.com/ ), a group of motorsports enthusiasts who race and raise money for Seattle Children’s Hospital.
I am going to give away two machines on October 15th. The email you send to me needs to have an associated Steam account as of today (so that people don’t bot spam the contest, not because we are using this to create Steam accounts).
Here are the specs of the machines that will be given away:
- Falcon Northwest Talon mid-tower PC
- Custom Heart of Racing automotive paintwork
- EVGA® GeForce RTX 3090 24GB graphics card
- Intel® Core™ i9-10900K 10-Core, 5.3GHz CPU
- EVGA® SuperNOVA G3 1000 Watt power supply
- Asus® ROG Strix Z490-E motherboard
- 64 GB G.Skill 3,200 MHz DDR4 TridentZ memory
- Asetek® custom 280mm CPU liquid cooler
- Two Seagate® FireCuda® 520 2TB M.2 NVMe drives
- Two Seagate FireCuda® 120 4TB – SATA SSDs
- Custom CableMod® individually sleeved cables
- Microsoft Windows 10 Pro
- Logitech® G910 Orion Spark mechanical keyboard
- Corsair Scimitar Elite RGB Mouse
- Asus® PG35VQ 3440×1440, 200Hz, G-Sync 35” monitor
I am sure everyone will agree these are the perfect machines right now, but for the tiny tiny tiny minority who disagree, feel free to send email@example.com with the subject “I can’t believe you are such an idiot.”